Our many happy customers are witness to the fact that we offer good wood at fair prices, together with free advice and excellent service. In order to ensure that our business runs smoothly and effectively, we do have a number of conditions which we ask you to familiarize yourself with.
These are summarised below and laid out in detailed Terms & Conditions of Sale below that.
SALES CONDITIONS – SUMMARY
- All timber is sold on an “as is” or “voetstoots” basis.
- Timber (or other sold goods) remains the property of Rare Woods SA until payment has been received in full.
- Risk passes on sale or delivery, whichever occurs first.
- Wood is one of God’s natural materials, and our customers need to accept that it comes with natural characteristics:
- All timber even of the same species can vary substantially in colour, grain and texture.
- Sometimes boards are warped, twisted or may have other defects.
- Light wood such as Beech, Maple, Iroko and Pau Marfim sometimes have “sticker” marks.
- The timber trade does not always have a solution for these perceived “problems”
- We sell our timber with the express condition that we do not take responsibility for any latent or patent defects or alleged defects.
RETURNS POLICY – SUMMARY
- For in-store sales, returns are at the sole discretion of the Director(s) of Rare Woods SA, and will be subject to handling fee.
- For online sales, returns will be accepted within 7 calendar days of purchase date, provided the timber being returned has not been altered (sanded, planed, cut etc) in any way.
- Original shipping cost is non-refundable and return shipping is for buyers account.
- Please make contact with us (via email at email@example.com) as soon as possible should you wish to return any timber.
- We will endeavour to make the process as smooth and painless as possible.
- Please keep an eye on your children or pets. We love kids and dogs, but our facilities can be a dangerous environment for them.
- PLEASE, no smoking on the premises. Apart from our health, we pay enormous insurance premiums and one mislaid butt would mean the end of us.
- You are most welcome to help yourself from the racks, which are clearly marked.
- Please leave the racks and bundles in the way that you found them.
- We cannot warrant that the wood never gets mixed up. Rare Woods management has the final say as to the decision – regarding species, size, type and quality.
WE NEED YOU THE CUSTOMER
- Rare Woods thrives because of your involvement – we need your custom to survive and prosper.
- We invite constructive criticism as we wish to constantly improve our service to you.
Detailed Terms & Conditions of Sale
- All goods and stock sold shall remain the sole and absolute property of Rare Woods SA (Pty) Ltd (the “COMPANY”) until payment has been made in full and no goods or stock may be returned to the COMPANY for credit or refund without the prior consent of a Director or duly authorized manager of the COMPANY, which consent may be exercised in the COMPANY’s sole discretion.
- Delivery shall be deemed to have taken place against signature of the COMPANY’s delivery note, proof of posting if the goods are posted to the Customer or proof of delivery to the South African Transport Services or any transport contractor if the goods are railed or transported to the Applicant and the postal authorities and/or transporter shall be deemed for all purposes to be the agent of the Applicant.
- Risk in the goods shall pass on sale or delivery, whichever occurs first, but ownership in the goods sold remains vested in the COMPANY until the purchase price has been paid in full. All such goods whether affixed to immovable property or to other goods shall be deemed to remain movable property and severable without injury to such immovable property or other goods. The COMPANY reserves the right to inform the end user or the owner of the premises in which any goods are installed or delivered of its claim to ownership.
- All goods returned for credit (with the required consent as set out above) shall be subject to a 20% handling charge.
- Shortage and quality problems must be reported within 48 hours of receipt for a return for credit to be considered.
- All goods delivered to the Customer shall be deemed to be accepted on behalf of the Customer by duly authorised employees thereof, acting within the course and scope of their employment with the Customer, unless the Customer specifically provides the COMPANY in writing with the names of its employees who are authorised to accept delivery of goods on its behalf.
- The COMPANY reserves the right to suspend deliveries, to cancel any undelivered portion of any order and to impose such other conditions as to security and terms of payment as it deems fit.
- The COMPANY reserves the right to adjust prices at any time without notice, and that prices are those ruling at the time of dispatch of the goods.
- It is a condition of each sale that goods are sold without any warranties whatsoever. Any condition, warranty or representation as to quality or freedom from latent defect of the goods sold or fitness for any particular purpose or otherwise, howsoever arising, is hereby excluded.
- The COMPANY shall not be under any liability, whether as a result of breach of contract, delict, negligence, omission or otherwise, and whether direct, indirect or consequential, in respect of defects in goods delivered or for any injury, damage or loss suffered by the Applicant, his employees, clients, family and/or any third parties resulting from such defects or from any work done in connection therewith.
- The COMPANY undertakes to institute all necessary precautions to avoid or reduce delay but shall not be held liable for performance or responsible for loss/damages resulting from delays in delivery occasioned by strikes, lockouts, delays of carriers and transporters, or by reason of force majeure or other causes reasonably beyond the COMPANY’s control and no order may be cancelled by the Applicant for such reasons.
- Under no circumstances shall the COMPANY be liable for consequential damages.
- No relaxation, or indulgence which the COMPANY may grant to the Customer shall constitute a waiver of its right to enforce strict compliances with these conditions, and no such relaxation or indulgence shall be deemed to be a novation of any of the terms and conditions set out herein, or create any estoppel against the COMPANY.